NVRCH Communications Associate
Reporting to: Artistic Director and Creative Producer
Purpose of the Role
The Communications Associate will work closely with the Artistic Director (AD) and the
Creative Producer (CP) to oversee all marketing and communications for Nouveau Riche.
The Communications Associate will be responsible for acting as the voice of the company
on the web. They will establish and implement a tone and style guide for the company, take
full responsibility for the upkeep of Nouveau Riche’s new website, manage Nouveau Riche’s
social media platforms and mailing lists, and hold relations with press and media.
- Ensure upkeep of the Nouveau Riche website to ensure a positive and efficient user experience.
- Create and execute show marketing campaigns that effectively and meaningfully engage audiences and meet financial targets, as specified by the Creative Producer
- Manage social media content across all channels to ensure Nouveau Riche is connecting with its audiences and engaging new ones.
Mailing and Guest Lists
- Maintain Nouveau Riche’s mailing lists and promote the mailing list to encourage more subscribers.
- Create and maintain Nouveau Riche’s guest list
- Ensure guest night invitations are sent with sufficient notice and coordinate responses.
- In collaboration with the Creative Producer and the relevant PR agency, oversee the
delivery of national and local press strategies
- Generate content for press releases.
- Support the Creative Producer in the delivery of press performances.
- Liaise with relevant PR agencies and co-producers on press activity and coordination of
interviews where required.
- Create relevant Marketing, Press and Education packs for the company using InDesign
- Collate statistics and qualitative information for reporting.
- With the Artistic Director, design and eventually implement a national ambassadors scheme.
- Ensure upkeep of all documents related to workshops and other engagement activity.
- Oversee the creation, coordination and delivery of production marketing collateral
including posters, flyers, brochures and data capture cards.
- Proof all marketing materials before they go to print.
- Organise storage of historic marketing collateral including posters and flyers.
- Assist the Creative Producer in compiling programme pages for play texts, and proof
before they go to print.
- Keep digital metrics up to date and report back on Nouveau Riche’s progress to AD and CP.
- Record sales across productions to inform and shape future marketing campaigns
- Maintain all relevant brand and marketing guidelines and assets such as logos, credit
lines, press and pull quotes to ensure Nouveau Riche’s name and brand are clear and
partners adhere to the established guidelines.
- Ensure Nouveau Riche adheres to the brand and marketing guidelines of funders and
other key stakeholders which need to be acknowledged in printed materials and digital
assets as well as on the company’s website.
- Compile and save all press cuttings.
- Compile and save all photos and video footage on Flickr / Vimeo.
- Attend all internal meetings as required.
- Attend previews, performances, press nights and events as required
- Be an enthusiastic advocate of Nouveau Riche and have a thorough understanding of
the company’s mission, vision and aims.
- Uphold and implement Nouveau Riche’s policies, including but not limited to equal
opportunities and health and safety.
Skills, experience and qualifications
- A passion for storytelling and an enthusiasm for theatre, particularly diverse-led theatre
- Experience of working in a communications, marketing and/or audience development
capacity, preferably within an arts organisation
- A friendly and welcoming attitude and willingness to learn
- A passion for and engagement with social media and digital platforms including but not
limited to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and Flickr.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent punctuality and good attention to detail
- A capacity to operate and understand IT packages and databases (affinity with Microsoft
Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Practical experience of using Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- An understanding of the theatre industry as a whole, in particular the subsidised sector
- Practical experience of using WordPress or another website content management
Working hours: 14hours per week, within office hours Monday to Friday (usually
10am to 6pm but we operate a flexible working policy which allows
staff to start work between 9am and 11am and finish accordingly).
The role may require some evening or weekend work.
Remote to begin with then the opportunity to switch between our new
space in Broad gate from July 2021
How to Apply
Closing Date for Applications: 10am 03 May 2021
Please send us your CV and a letter outlining why you wish to apply and how you meet the
selection criteria outlined for the role to email@example.com
Please use ‘Communications Associate’ in the subject line of your submission.
If you would find it more accessible to complete this application in another format, please get in touch with us.