Nouveau Riche OPPORTUNITIES
MAD TIMES MONOLOGUES
Nouveau Riche are on the lookout for up and coming Writer-Performers of Colour for a new online competition.
MadTimes Monologues seeks aspiring candidates to submit a short monologue, of approximately 3-5 minutes to be judged by a panel of industry professionals as well as an open public vote. Monologues will be performed and streamed to Nouveau Riche’s social media channels and website.
There is no disputing that these are really mad times, times of confusion and uncertainty, so we’re doing our bit to create a platform that is both fun and productive with some level of hope. The winning monologue/performance will be offered a seed commission with Nouveau Riche with an option for further development with our award-winning team and partners.
RULES AND REGULATIONS REQUIREMENTS
· Writers must be comfortable performing their monologues to camera.
· Monologues must be original work.
· Writers are encouraged to experiment with style and form and can write based on any subject matter other than Covid-19.
· Writers can only submit one monologue.
· Monologues must last no longer than 5 minutes in duration.
· Writers don’t have to film their monologue on the most expensive camera in the world, but please make sure you are well lit, and clear.
· There is no need for a full body shot writers can perform on a mid-shot
(head and shoulders).
· Monologues must be unproduced.
· The decision of the judges will be held along with the decision of the public vote. No individual correspondence will be entered into.
· Writers must be based in the UK
· Monologues must be unpublished.
· Entrants should send a short bio, a short treatment/idea of the larger world of the play or ideas of what a full-length version might look like (more info the better)
· Monologues must be sent via MP4 format
· Submissions should be sent to
· The deadline for all submissions is Wednesday 22nd April 2020.
· The competition is free to participate and is funded by Nouveau Riche.
Nouveau Riche are a multi award winning arts organisation that focuses on creating culturally inclusive work across all art forms.